Posts for tag: Dental Implants
If you have a missing tooth, our skilled dentists can fill in the gap with a dental implant and crown. Dental implants are a close match for natural teeth because they replace missing teeth and their roots. In Fargo, ND, dental implants are available at Anderson Dental, where Dr. Jon Anderson & Dr. Brad Anderson can restore function and beauty to your smile.
What are Dental Implants?
A dental implant is a metal post that looks similar to a small screw. The implant is inserted directly in the jawbone and functions like a root for a dental crown. Dental implants can also anchor other types of restorations in place, such as a dental bridge or implant-supported dentures. When used in conjunction with bridgework or dentures, several dental implants are needed.
Dental implants are the most secure and longest-lasting tooth replacement method available today. Placing them in the jawbone is the main reason why they are so secure. Over time, the metal implant post gradually fuses together with the bone tissue around it. Fusion is permanent, which means the dental implant will remain fixed in place. Tooth restorations anchored by dental implants do not shift out of place.
Candidates for Dental Implants
While dental implants are quickly becoming a preferred method among patients for replacing missing teeth, not everyone is a candidate. Since dental implants are inserted in the jawbone, to be a candidate you must have sufficient bone tissue. Otherwise, the dental implant cannot successfully fuse with the bone and will not be as secure. The unfortunate reality of tooth loss is that the body naturally reabsorbs bone tissue not supporting teeth. Consequently, bone loss is a common outcome of tooth loss.
It is also helpful for patients to have healthy gums since a small incision must be made in the gum tissue in order to place a dental implant in the jawbone. Candidates should also have a healthy immune system. The experienced dentists at our practice in Fargo, ND, can determine if dental implants are a possibility for you.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants can help your smile in several ways. On top of restoring beauty to your smile by filling in the gaps where teeth are missing, dental implants also restore function by making it easier to bite and chew food. They also reduce many of the negative side effects of tooth loss. Some of the many exciting benefits of dental implants include:
- Replace missing or extracted teeth
- Restore natural biting and chewing functions
- Reduce strain on remaining teeth compensating for missing ones
- Prevent additional bone loss by stopping the body from reabsorbing it
- Reduce facial sagging by providing support for muscles in the face
- Prevent teeth from shifting into gaps caused by tooth loss
- Improve speech altered by tooth loss
If you have a missing tooth, a dental implant could restore your smile. Our highly skilled dentists can determine if you are a candidate for this exciting tooth replacement method. For dental implants in Fargo, ND, schedule a consultation with Drs. Jon and Brad Anderson by calling Anderson Dental at (701) 232-1368.
When you're ready to replace missing teeth, dental implants offer an excellent restoration option. Versatile implants replace any number of missing teeth and offer a long-lasting solution to tooth loss. Your Fargo, ND, dentists, Drs. Jon and Brad Anderson of Anderson Dental offer implant consultations and treatment plans and can refer you to a specialist who will place your implants.
5 reasons to consider dental implants
Before you select a restoration method, take a look at these dental implant benefits:
- Natural Feel: Your new tooth will be firmly rooted in your jawbone and won't shift or slide when you chew. Implants feel very much like natural teeth, thanks to titanium, the biocompatible metal used to make them. Titanium posts are added to your jawbone during minor oral surgery and soon begin to bond to your jawbone. The bonded posts become the roots of your new teeth and are just as strong and as secure as your natural roots.
- Improved Appearance: Dental implants are attached to dental crowns to restore the visible parts of missing teeth. Crowns are made from an impression of your mouth to ensure that your new teeth fit your smile perfectly.
- No Limitations: Although many people in the Fargo ND area choose dental implants to replace just one missing tooth, the method can be used to restore any number of missing teeth. Implant-supported dentures offer a comfortable restoration method that won't significantly decrease your biting power. One denture can be supported by as few as four implants in some cases.
- A Permanent Option: Implants are intended to last your entire lifetime. Although you will have to replace your dental crowns when they become worn, your dental implants will most likely never need to be replaced. When comparing the lifetime costs of the various tooth restoration methods, you may discover that implants are the least expensive option.
- Easy Care: Some restoration methods require learning time-consuming new care routines but not dental implants. If you can brush and floss your teeth, you can take care of dental implants.
Fill the gaps in your smile with dental implants! Call your dentists in Fargo, ND, Drs. Jon and Brad Anderson of Anderson Dental, at (701) 232-1368 for a consultation and referral to a dental implant specialist.
If you are missing one or multiple teeth, dental implants are a permanent solution for rebuilding your smile and restoring its natural function. Here at Anderson Cosmetic and Family Dentistry in Fargo ND, our team of dentists provides implant consultations and treatment plans to start this restorative process. Read on to learn what this treatment can do for you!
Different Types of Dental Implants
Dental implants consist of titanium and other materials that are compatible with the human body. During a consultation at our Fargo office, we will suggest the best type of dental implants to fit your smile goals. Common categories of dental implants include:
- Endosteal - commonly used as an alternative to dentures or bridgework, this implant type holds one or multiple artificial teeth in place with screws and cylinders.
- Subperiosteal - these are often suggested for patients who have minimal bone height in the tooth or are unable to wear conventional dentures. Composed of metal framework, this implant is attached under your gum tissue but above your jawbone.
How Dental Implants Can Rebuild Your Smile
By replacing missing teeth, dental implants offer stability and strength to show off your smile, improve eating habits, and better the way you feel about yourself. Improved speech and an enhanced cosmetic appearance can also deliver an upgrade to your overall comfort level. Finally, dental implants resemble your natural teeth, meaning that friends and family won't recognize that you have a restoration unless you share the news.
What to Expect From Treatment
This long-term solution for restoring your smile starts with a dentist performing a minor surgical procedure to directly insert the implant into the jawbone. Following this step, the site is allowed to heal for a few months before the permanent crown is attached. During this time, simple at-home oral care and routine visits to the dentist are necessary for implant success.
Interested? Give Us a Call
If you'd like to explore the benefits of dental implants, schedule a consultation with one of the dentists here at Anderson Cosmetic and Family Dentistry to determine if they are right for you. Call our Fargo, ND, office today at (701) 232-1368.
Dental implants offer some unique benefits for those with missing teeth.
Tooth loss was the last thing you thought you would have to deal with as an adult. Unfortunately, this is something that happens to millions of Americans. While the goal is to maintain good oral health to protect your natural teeth, when tooth loss happens it’s important that you have someone like our Fargo, ND, dentists Dr. Jon Anderson, Dr. Brad Anderson, and Dr. Breding that you can turn to for treatment. Find out why so many people are turning to dental implants to replace their missing teeth.
Looks and Functions Like a Real Tooth
You want to be able to replace your missing tooth or teeth with something that resembles the look and function of a real tooth. Dental implants are truly the closest you can come to a natural tooth, as they both look and function just like the real thing. After all, an implant is designed to replace your missing tooth roots, which makes them unique from other tooth replacement options.
We also know how important it is to have a full, healthy smile for as long as possible. With other tooth replacement options, you’ll have to replace them every few years; however, this isn’t the case with implants. Once we do a consultation and develop a treatment plan, we refer you to a specialist to place the dental implant.
Once the implant is placed within the jawbone this is where it will stay permanently. Implants have a very high success rate and can remain strong and healthy for the rest of your life, if you maintain good oral hygiene and care for your implant properly.
Protect Your Jawbone
One complication of untreated tooth loss is bone loss. This is something that will happen over time and the only tooth replacement that can prevent bone loss is a dental implant. This is because the implant actually takes the place of your missing tooth’s roots. The implant then provides the jawbone with the stimulation that it needs to stay healthy and strong.
Prevent a Misaligned Smile
If you don’t replace your missing tooth or teeth, eventually the rest of your teeth will begin to move toward the open gap or gaps in your smile. As you might imagine, this can lead to crookedness, crowding, twisted teeth and gaps between teeth. When this happens, the only way to correct the misalignment is to get braces. Luckily, by turning to our Fargo, ND, general dentists to replace your missing teeth you can prevent this from happening to your smile.
Anderson Dental in Fargo, ND, is dedicated to helping you restore your smile after tooth loss. With a full range of dental services, we can do everything from performing routine cleanings to treating injuries and dental damage. If you are interested in getting dental implants, call us today to take the next step.
What your dentists in Fargo want you to know about dental implants
If you are missing teeth, chances are you’ve asked yourself what to do next. Should you live without the teeth, or should you replace them? Should you get a partial, denture, dental bridge, or dental implants? The dentists at Anderson Dental in Fargo, ND want to help answer your questions.
So, should you live without teeth or should you replace them? The truth is living without teeth can cause problems with your digestion and your overall health because you won’t be able to chew your food well. You may also suffer self-esteem and self-confidence problems because of your lost teeth and may stop smiling. Definitely, you should replace your lost teeth.
Should you get a partial, denture, dental bridge, or dental implants? Although there are many choices for tooth replacement, dental implants are the best choice in many ways. When you restore your smile with dental implants, you can count on:
- A naturally-beautiful smile because dental implants look just like natural teeth
- A completely stable smile because dental implants are embedded in bone and won’t move around when you eat and speak
- A healthy smile because you can brush and floss dental implants just like natural teeth
Removable dental appliances like partials and dentures, and dental bridgework are great solutions to tooth replacement, but they simply can’t match the looks and function of dental implants. In addition, your dental implants are stain-resistant making them the perfect choice for a lifetime of beautiful smiles.
Your dentists at Anderson Dental begin your dental implant treatment with a consultation and thorough treatment plan to ensure your needs and expectations are met. It’s the perfect opportunity for you to discuss your treatment and ask questions.
Then your dentists will send you to a carefully selected expert to insert the dental implant screws. These implant screws function as the “roots” of your missing teeth. After a healing period, beautiful implant crowns are placed on top of the implant screws, and you have your new smile!
If you need to restore your smile think about dental implants! They are the high-tech, state-of-the-art way to bring back your smile. For more information about dental implants call Drs. Jon and Brad Anderson and Dr. Breding at Anderson Dental in Fargo, ND today!