When you're ready to replace missing teeth, dental implants offer an excellent restoration option. Versatile implants replace any number of missing teeth and offer a long-lasting solution to tooth loss. Your Fargo, ND, dentists, Drs. Jon and Brad Anderson of Anderson Dental offer implant consultations and treatment plans and can refer you to a specialist who will place your implants.
5 reasons to consider dental implants
Before you select a restoration method, take a look at these dental implant benefits:
- Natural Feel: Your new tooth will be firmly rooted in your jawbone and won't shift or slide when you chew. Implants feel very much like natural teeth, thanks to titanium, the biocompatible metal used to make them. Titanium posts are added to your jawbone during minor oral surgery and soon begin to bond to your jawbone. The bonded posts become the roots of your new teeth and are just as strong and as secure as your natural roots.
- Improved Appearance: Dental implants are attached to dental crowns to restore the visible parts of missing teeth. Crowns are made from an impression of your mouth to ensure that your new teeth fit your smile perfectly.
- No Limitations: Although many people in the Fargo ND area choose dental implants to replace just one missing tooth, the method can be used to restore any number of missing teeth. Implant-supported dentures offer a comfortable restoration method that won't significantly decrease your biting power. One denture can be supported by as few as four implants in some cases.
- A Permanent Option: Implants are intended to last your entire lifetime. Although you will have to replace your dental crowns when they become worn, your dental implants will most likely never need to be replaced. When comparing the lifetime costs of the various tooth restoration methods, you may discover that implants are the least expensive option.
- Easy Care: Some restoration methods require learning time-consuming new care routines but not dental implants. If you can brush and floss your teeth, you can take care of dental implants.
Fill the gaps in your smile with dental implants! Call your dentists in Fargo, ND, Drs. Jon and Brad Anderson of Anderson Dental, at (701) 232-1368 for a consultation and referral to a dental implant specialist.