Posts for tag: cosmetic dentistry
Dental implants offer some unique benefits for those with missing teeth.
Tooth loss was the last thing you thought you would have to deal with as an adult. Unfortunately, this is something that happens to millions of Americans. While the goal is to maintain good oral health to protect your natural teeth, when tooth loss happens it’s important that you have someone like our Fargo, ND, dentists Dr. Jon Anderson, Dr. Brad Anderson, and Dr. Breding that you can turn to for treatment. Find out why so many people are turning to dental implants to replace their missing teeth.
Looks and Functions Like a Real Tooth
You want to be able to replace your missing tooth or teeth with something that resembles the look and function of a real tooth. Dental implants are truly the closest you can come to a natural tooth, as they both look and function just like the real thing. After all, an implant is designed to replace your missing tooth roots, which makes them unique from other tooth replacement options.
We also know how important it is to have a full, healthy smile for as long as possible. With other tooth replacement options, you’ll have to replace them every few years; however, this isn’t the case with implants. Once we do a consultation and develop a treatment plan, we refer you to a specialist to place the dental implant.
Once the implant is placed within the jawbone this is where it will stay permanently. Implants have a very high success rate and can remain strong and healthy for the rest of your life, if you maintain good oral hygiene and care for your implant properly.
Protect Your Jawbone
One complication of untreated tooth loss is bone loss. This is something that will happen over time and the only tooth replacement that can prevent bone loss is a dental implant. This is because the implant actually takes the place of your missing tooth’s roots. The implant then provides the jawbone with the stimulation that it needs to stay healthy and strong.
Prevent a Misaligned Smile
If you don’t replace your missing tooth or teeth, eventually the rest of your teeth will begin to move toward the open gap or gaps in your smile. As you might imagine, this can lead to crookedness, crowding, twisted teeth and gaps between teeth. When this happens, the only way to correct the misalignment is to get braces. Luckily, by turning to our Fargo, ND, general dentists to replace your missing teeth you can prevent this from happening to your smile.
Anderson Dental in Fargo, ND, is dedicated to helping you restore your smile after tooth loss. With a full range of dental services, we can do everything from performing routine cleanings to treating injuries and dental damage. If you are interested in getting dental implants, call us today to take the next step.
Showing off your best smile is difficult if you feel as though your teeth are not up to par. However, with some help from your dentist and their expertise in cosmetic dentistry, you can turn your smile around, feel confident about the way you look, and enjoy the ability to smile without thinking about your teeth. Find out more about cosmetic dentistry, some common procedures, and what they can do for you with Dr. Jon Anderson, Dr. Brad Anderson, and Dr. Breding at Anderson Dental in Fargo, ND.
Common Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures
- Teeth Whitening: Professional teeth whitening is a minimally invasive way to overhaul the appearance of your smile in just minutes. Though over-the-counter whitening methods can provide some results, they are not monitored by your dentist and are not as strong or effective as in-office whitening treatments.
- Porcelain Veneers: Porcelain veneers allow you to change the appearance of a single unsightly tooth or overhaul your entire smile. Veneers fit over the surface of the natural teeth to cover their imperfections and change the length, shape, width, or color of a tooth.
- Dental Bonding and Contouring: Dental bonding uses composite resin materials molded directly onto the tooth to change its appearance, shape, length, or width. Contouring in Fargo, ND, is often performed alongside bonding and uses a dental drill with various bits to change the shape of the tooth.
- Crowns and Bridges: A crown performs many tasks and fits into place over a prepared existing tooth. Crowns can stabilize a damaged tooth, replace a missing tooth as part of a dental implant, improve the appearance of a tooth, or hold a dental bridge, which replaces a missing tooth, in place.
- Smile Makeover: A smile makeover combines cosmetic dental treatments to overhaul the appearance of your smile. Your dentist can help you choose the best procedures to renew your teeth at a consultation appointment.
For more information on these procedures or about cosmetic dentistry in general, please contact Dr. Jon Anderson, Dr. Brad Anderson, and Dr. Breding at Anderson Dental in Fargo, ND. Call (701) 232-1368 to schedule your appointment with your dentist today!
The dentists at Anderson Dental in Fargo, ND, know their patients want to have better-looking smiles, but sometimes the cost can be too high. For that reason Drs. Jon Anderson and Brad Anderson suggest dental veneers.
Veneers are used to resurface an individual's teeth, especially if they're damaged.
Here are some things veneers can help with:
- Stained teeth or discolored, due to poor hygiene, drinking coffee and tea, smoking, chewing tobacco or even antibiotics containing tetracycline.
- Mishappened teeth, which includes: crooked, worn or chipped teeth, irregularly shaped teeth, uneven surfaces and uneven spacing, like overcrowdedness.
When you come into the Fargo office, your doctor will examine your teeth and assess whether veneers are right for you. If they are, then any underlying issues, like cavities, will need to be resolved first. Your dentist will remove some enamel from the surface of your teeth, then a model of your teeth will be sent to a lab where a custom set of veneers matching the color of your teeth will be made for you.
When your veneers finally arrive, your dentist will then cement the veneers. Because your dentist removes some enamel, which is an irreversible process, and because veneers are made out of thin porcelain, you won't feel like your teeth are protruding. On the contrary, they will feel smooth, even and properly aligned with the rest of your teeth.
In order to take proper care of your veneers, you need to brush twice a day and floss at least once before bed. It's important to prevent the buildup of plaque which may result in cavities and other serious issues.
For more information on veneers, contact your dentists in Fargo, ND, by calling 701-232-1368. Drs. Jon Anderson and Brad Anderson will be more than happy to help you with your dental needs!
Discover the many ways cosmetic dentistry can revamp your smile for the better.
You took one look at your smile in the mirror and noticed that it wasn’t exactly how you thought it looked. Perhaps you’ve started to notice that chip in your front tooth a little more than you used to. Maybe there is a small gap between teeth that has become more apparent over the years. Whatever the case may be, our Fargo, ND, cosmetic dentists, Dr. Jon Anderson or Dr. Brad Anderson, can help improve your smile through cosmetic dentistry.
What is the purpose of cosmetic dentistry?
Just as the name suggests, cosmetic dentistry is dedicated to improving the overall appearance and aesthetics of your teeth and gums. Cosmetic dentistry isn’t a necessity but it can certainly go a long way to enhancing and improving the way your smile looks. Here in Fargo, our dentists offer a wide range of cosmetic dentistry options to meet your needs, regardless of whether you want to make small changes or large-scale makeovers.
Why choose cosmetic dentistry?
Some people question the purpose of cosmetic dentistry if it isn’t going to actually improve the overall health or quality of your teeth. Of course, the shape, color or size of your smile can go a long way to making or breaking your confidence. After all, think about how often you open your mouth to talk to someone or smile. Showing off crooked, stained or damaged teeth can be embarrassing. Cosmetic dentistry can fix all of these issues, improve the look of your smile and boost your confidence.
What are my options when it comes to getting cosmetic dentistry?
There are quite a few treatment options to consider including:
- Teeth whitening: Our in-office system can get smiles several shades whiter in often just one whitening session:
- Dental bonding: A moldable tooth-colored material is applied over small flaws to hide them.
- Tooth and gum reshaping/contouring: Bits of enamel are shaved and filed down from a tooth to change its shape or size.
- Dental veneers: These thin tooth-colored shells are bonded to the front of a tooth to hide more widespread cosmetic defects.
- Invisible orthodontics: Fix spacing, crowding and other dental misalignments with a nearly invisible orthodontic system that is custom-made to fit your teeth.
Anderson Dental in Fargo, ND, is dedicated to giving you the smile you’ve always wanted. Call our office today to schedule a consultation. Let’s find out what cosmetic dentistry could do for you.
This simple cosmetic dentistry can give you a beautiful new smile.
Making cosmetic changes to your smile doesn’t have to be difficult. Our Fargo, ND, cosmetic dentists, Dr. Jon Anderson or Dr. Brad Anderson offer a comprehensive list of options that could be just right for giving you the smile you want. If you’re ready to get a restoration that will refresh your appearance and make your teeth appear healthier, then it’s time to consider dental veneers.
What are dental veneers?
Ever wonder how your favorite actor maintains such a stunning smile? Well, they may be doing so with the help of dental veneers. These custom-made, stain-resistant shells are applied to the front of one or more teeth to change the shape, color or length.
Are you dealing with any of these cosmetic issues?
- Discolorations and internal stains
- Chips and cracks
- Uneven teeth
- Worn teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Minor twists or overlaps in your teeth
- Slight crowding
- Oddly shaped teeth
If you said “yes” to one or more of these problems above, then dental veneers could certainly be the treatment option you’ve been waiting for.
How do dental veneers work?
Veneers provide a realistic option for covering and hiding imperfections while still offering a smile that’s realistic. How? These restorations are tailor-made based on impressions taken of your smile, so you know that when you turn to our Fargo dentists for veneers, you will get a natural-looking smile every time.
Before veneers are designed and bonded to your teeth, we need to prepare the teeth that are getting veneers. Another reason veneers are popular is that not a lot of preparation goes into getting them. In fact, only a small amount of enamel must be filed down from the teeth first in order to accommodate the added volume of having veneers.
From there, impressions of your mouth must be made. These impressions are necessary for crafting your veneers. Since it can take up to a week to get your veneers, we may also place temporary ones over your teeth to protect them while you wait.
The last step is to have your permanent veneers bonded to your teeth. This process is also completely painless. All we have to do is apply resin between the veneers and the front of your teeth and then direct a curing light over the tooth to harden the resin. It’s that simple!
Are you interested in getting dental veneers in Fargo, ND? Ready to take the next step? Call Anderson Dental today to schedule your consultation. We would be happy to sit down with you and discuss the cosmetic treatment that will be right for you.