Posts for category: Cosmetic Dentistry
Is your smile dull, damaged, or unattractive? Your Fargo, ND, cosmetic dentists, Drs. Jon and Brad Anderson of Anderson Dental, can help you conceal a variety of common cosmetic issues with veneers.
Veneers offer a simple way to improve your smile
Even minor tooth imperfections can make you feel a little self-conscious about your smile. If you have a small chip in a tooth, or one of your teeth is discolored, your eyes are immediately drawn to the problem tooth when you look in the mirror. Major tooth issues may require extensive dental work, but that's not the case if you have minor flaws that affect the fronts of your teeth.
Adding veneers to your teeth keeps flaws and imperfections out of sight, improving your smile. Veneers are thin, tooth-shaped shells, often made of porcelain, that are attached to the front surfaces of your teeth to create an amazing look.
The first step in the veneer process involves a visit to our Fargo dental office. During this visit, your dentist may remove a tiny amount of your tooth enamel, for this ensures a comfortable fit for your veneers. He'll also make an impression of your teeth that a dental laboratory will use to create your veneers. Once the restorations have returned from the lab, your cosmetic dentist bonds them to your teeth, completing your new smile.
How veneers can boost your smile
Do you have a tooth that looks a little odd? Veneers are an excellent choice if you would like to change the shape of a tooth that's twisted, pointed, or oddly shaped. These restorations can also make crooked teeth look perfectly straight and are a good option if one or two of your teeth are crooked.
The restorations can also be used to extend the length of teeth. If you're receiving veneers because your teeth have been worn down due to grinding or clenching your teeth while you sleep, you'll need to begin wearing a nightguard to protect your veneers.
Interested? Give us a call
Transform your smile with veneers! Call your cosmetic dentists in Fargo, ND, Drs. Jon and Brad Anderson of Anderson Dental, at (701) 232-1368 to schedule your appointment.
If you are missing one or multiple teeth, dental implants are a permanent solution for rebuilding your smile and restoring its natural function. Here at Anderson Cosmetic and Family Dentistry in Fargo ND, our team of dentists provides implant consultations and treatment plans to start this restorative process. Read on to learn what this treatment can do for you!
Different Types of Dental Implants
Dental implants consist of titanium and other materials that are compatible with the human body. During a consultation at our Fargo office, we will suggest the best type of dental implants to fit your smile goals. Common categories of dental implants include:
- Endosteal - commonly used as an alternative to dentures or bridgework, this implant type holds one or multiple artificial teeth in place with screws and cylinders.
- Subperiosteal - these are often suggested for patients who have minimal bone height in the tooth or are unable to wear conventional dentures. Composed of metal framework, this implant is attached under your gum tissue but above your jawbone.
How Dental Implants Can Rebuild Your Smile
By replacing missing teeth, dental implants offer stability and strength to show off your smile, improve eating habits, and better the way you feel about yourself. Improved speech and an enhanced cosmetic appearance can also deliver an upgrade to your overall comfort level. Finally, dental implants resemble your natural teeth, meaning that friends and family won't recognize that you have a restoration unless you share the news.
What to Expect From Treatment
This long-term solution for restoring your smile starts with a dentist performing a minor surgical procedure to directly insert the implant into the jawbone. Following this step, the site is allowed to heal for a few months before the permanent crown is attached. During this time, simple at-home oral care and routine visits to the dentist are necessary for implant success.
Interested? Give Us a Call
If you'd like to explore the benefits of dental implants, schedule a consultation with one of the dentists here at Anderson Cosmetic and Family Dentistry to determine if they are right for you. Call our Fargo, ND, office today at (701) 232-1368.
Is your smile missing teeth? With a dental bridge, your dentist can make your dream smile a reality. A bridge is a dental prosthesis that is used to replace one or multiple missing teeth. Led by Dr. Breding, Dr. Jon Anderson, and Dr. Brad Anderson, Anderson Dental (located in Fargo, ND) offers full-service, state-of-the-art dental care to the patients they serve. Read on to find out how a dental bridge can help your smile.
1. It will enhance your smile. Missing teeth can ruin a beautiful smile. A dental bridge can improve the appearance of your smile. A fixed bridge is made up of two dental crowns for the teeth on the sides of the gap and one or more artificial teeth in between. Bridges are designed to look like your original teeth so you can be confident in your smile.
2. It will prevent teeth shifting. If missing teeth are not replaced, the neighboring teeth will begin to shift out of alignment. Dental plaque can build up in the spaces created by the shifting teeth. Over time, this may cause oral health problems, such as cavities or gum disease. A dental bridge can prevent your teeth from shifting into the spaces left by your missing teeth.
3. It will make eating easier. Your teeth are designed to help you break down food. When you have missing teeth, eating becomes difficult. Dental bridges function like natural teeth. A dental bridge will improve your ability to chew food.
4. It can improve your speech. The absence of just one tooth can affect your speech. When teeth are missing, you may find yourself slurring or mumbling words. A dental bridge can improve your clarity speech. Unlike conventional dentures, a fixed dental bridge will not slip out of place when you speak.
Take the first step towards a brand new smile today. Start your journey right now. Call Anderson Dental at 701-232-1368 today to schedule a dental consultation in Fargo, ND and get the smile you deserve.