Are you unhappy with the appearance of your teeth? Upgrade your smile with porcelain veneers, offered by your Fargo, ND, cosmetic dentists, Dr. Breding and Dr. Jon Anderson and Dr. Brad Anderson of Anderson Dental.
Porcelain veneers improve many types of smile issues
Veneers may be a good choice for you if:
- You have a few flaws: Noticeable chips and cracks can develop in your teeth after years of wear and tear. Fortunately, it's easy to hide these flaws by attaching porcelain veneers to your teeth. The restorations can also be used to hide other flaws, like pits or bumps in your tooth enamel.
- A gap between your teeth makes you feel self-conscious: Slight gaps can be easily concealed simply by adding a few veneers to your teeth.
- You're concerned about discolorations: Whether you have a single discolored tooth or want to whiten all of your teeth, porcelain veneers are an excellent option. The restorations can be manufactured in many shades of white. If you want to hide just one discolored tooth, your Fargo, ND, cosmetic dentist will match the shade of your veneer to the color of adjacent teeth. When whitening is your goal, you can choose the shade of white you prefer.
- You have a short tooth: Tooth enamel can be worn down if you happen to grind or clench your teeth at night. Fortunately, it's easy to length short teeth with veneers.
- One of your teeth looks a little unusual: It's not uncommon to have one or two teeth that are oddly shaped, whether they're pointed or just a little crooked. Shape-changing porcelain veneers can completely transform these teeth.
How do veneers work?
Veneers cover the fronts of your teeth only and don't require extensive preparation. In fact, your Fargo dentist will only remove a tiny amount of enamel from your teeth during your first veneer appointment. He'll also make an impression of your teeth to ensure that your new veneers fit perfectly. Permanent veneers are attached with dental cement, which can be tinted to help you achieve your desired tooth shade.
Regular brushing and flossing will keep your veneers in good condition. Although veneers are tough, they can break if you bite on ice and other hard objects or use your teeth to open bottles or packages.
Renew your smile with porcelain veneers! Call your Fargo, ND, cosmetic dentists, Dr. Breding, Dr. Jon Anderson and Dr. Brad Anderson of Anderson Dental, at (701) 232-1368 to schedule an appointment.